Tuesday 12 April 2011

New Short Story!

Fate or Fortune?

Two things:

1) Ok. So, here's a question that's been rattling around in my head for a while--ever since I started writing The Path of the Sword, actually. I've been wondering how Kurin and Mikal became such close friends. They're such disparate individuals, after all.
I decided to take that story right back to the beginning and explore how they met way back when.

For those of you who have read The Path of the Sword, this may answer a few questions about Mikal's reticent nature. For those of you who haven't, well you don't have to--though by all means check out my bibliography for the link to get your hands on it, or click here! It's a fairly self-contained short story (though it makes more sense to call it a pre-prologue to The Path of the Sword).

Anyway, dear Cori has told me that it's rather dark (which is kind of what I was going for so...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED) so be prepared for that.

Check it out here or click the Tidbits tab above.

2) Yeah, by the way, I added a Tidbits tab where I'll post odds and ends, snippets and short stories. I'll try to add something new fairly often but, well as per my previous posts, I don't always have a lot of time.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your short story. I answered some of my questions of how the characters met. Looking forward to more great things coming out of that imagination of yours.

    ReplyDelete