Tuesday 6 March 2012

Book Three--And I'm Still Alive

Okay! I've got the climax of the third book of Rites of Ascension done and it went right where I expected it to go! I don't think anyone will be disappointed. A bit surprised but not disappointed. I think, when it's (finally) done, it will be a good finale.

I was going to post a short excerpt but it's too raw yet. I need to fix up the middle--the pacing is jerky and I'm not happy with some of my phrasing. Well, without getting too involved in the whole thing, there's still a lot of work to get it right. But it's a lot closer to store shelves...or Amazon's digital shelves anyway.

Title-wise, I'm toying with the idea of simply calling it Ascension. It's not bad; it certainly works as a working title. I'll keep a thought on it.

What about the future? Well, when this series is (finally!) complete, I think I'm going to hold off on another series for a while. It has been draining, and pulling together the threads in this third book has been surprisingly difficult. I suddenly have a lot more respect for those writers who pound out series--Robert Jordan (R.I.P, sir) comes to mind.

I have two ideas for single volume works that I'm going to explore. One of them is in my comfort zone--another epic style fantasy. The other is an (gasp!) urban fantasy! Which one, which one...

Well, let's get this third Rites of Ascension out and then we'll see what we'll see.

Oh, and by the way, I'm alive. Thumbs up!

Thanks folks! Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. I really should Google more people. You come across the most interesting places. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Interesting places? Where?

    Nice to see you, Samaya!

    ReplyDelete