Friday 28 October 2011

Decisions, Decisions

You know, I never knew the writing process could be so difficult.

I'll explain it briefly...then I'll end my little rant. Then I'll probably go to bed. After a bowl of chips.

Here's the deal. Rites of Ascension III is well under way. Jurel and his friends are embroiled in some pretty dicey stuff. So far, so good. The problem lies in that I have more ideas for dealing with their situations than I have pages. I've hit a couple of spots where I'm not sure which one is the best.

Now, there are a few solutions:
1) Eeny meeny miney moe. Yeah, I don't like that one either.
2) Play out each one in my head and write the one that sounds best. This one makes me uncomfortable: I can never be sure I've explored it all until it's down on paper.
3) Write them all. Then pick the best one. Ooh. Time consuming. But at least I'll know.

No one ever said this was gonna be easy.

I'm working on it. It'll be out as soon as I can get it done--to my satisfaction. I want the story to be right!


Thanks for your patience, folks.

Okay, rant done. I'm going to go check up on Metana.

2 comments:

  1. Love the rites of ascension! Cant wait for the 3rd to come out and I know it will be great! Your fan.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always nice to hear from someone who likes my work. Thank you!
    Rest assured, I'm still hard at work on the grand finale. I know how it ends; I just have to get there. I think it'll be interesting.

    Thanks again!
    -Remi

    ReplyDelete