Thursday 2 June 2011

Family Life

Okay.
The kids are in bed.
Right.
My nasty case of bronchitis has now calmed itself to the occasional fit of coughing and I can actually smell things (food good; dirty diapers baaaad). My lovely Cori is quietly watching news.
Awesome.
I have time now, right now, to either write a little or maybe promote myself a little on-line.
Perfect.
You know what? I'm bone tired. I'm seeing two of every letter I'm typing (I hope you're not!). My children have run me ragged. Who would have thought a baby with legs shorter than my forearm could run so fast? The only one in this house who seems able to keep up with the baby is my four year old daughter.
After we got home from work today, the normal rush was on: dinner, clean-up bath. Followed by a little play time for the kids. Each time they fell silent for more than three seconds, Cori and I exchanged a horrified look and mounted a frantic search for them to find out exactly what it was they were doing.
I'm exhausted.
Book two of Rites of Ascension is sitting there waiting for beta readers ("Honey?!?").
Book three is coming along fine; I'm a little behind schedule but not as far back as I thought I might be so really I'm ahead of schedule at being behind schedule...

I think I'm taking a night off.

Say good night, Gracie.
Good night, Gracie.

No comments:

Post a Comment